Greater than 3,000 younger people become regular smokers daily within the U.S. more than one million new smokers per year. Heres some teen smoking facts that happen to be worrisome:
· 86% of teen smokers who bought their newport cigarettes coupons, Camel, or Newport cigarettes the most heavily advertised brands.
· About 57% of students in grades 9 12 who currently smoke usually buy their cigarettes from your retail store, coming from a vending machine, or through another individual who purchased cigarettes for them.
· Among teens aged 10 18, about three-fourths of daily cigarette smokers and daily smokeless tobacco users are convinced that they continue to use tobacco since it is very hard so they can quit.
· Among young smokers, the transition from experimentation to dependence occurs just as frequently since it does among users of cocaine and heroin.
· Approximately 93% of daily teen cigarette smokers and daily smokeless tobacco users who previously aimed to quit report at least one manifestation of nicotine withdrawal.
· Annually, approximately 225 million packs of Marlboro gold Cigarettes were sold illegally to younger people under the age of 18 as well as the number is increasing.
· Greater than 5 million young people under the age of 18 that are currently alive will die prematurely from the smoking-related disease.
· Smokeless tobacco use among youth is really a continuing problem. Data from school-based surveys indicate that about one in just about every five male students in 9th through 12th grades uses smokeless tobacco.
· Smoking is also connected with numerous other high-risk behaviors (e.g., fighting, having unprotected se-x).
· Starting smoking with an early age greatly increases the potential risk of cancer of the lung. A persons risk for the majority of other smoking-related cancers also rises with how long that a person smokes.
· Research has found nicotine to become addictive in ways much like those of heroin, cocaine, and alcohol.
· Research has shown that early signs of the blood vessel damage found in these diseases can be obtained from teens who smoke.
· Teen smoking rates have risen every year since 1992. In 1996, 22.2% of senior high school seniors smoked daily up from 17.2% in 1992. Between 1991 and 1996, past-month smoking increased from 14.3% to 21.% among eighth graders and from 20.8% to 30.4% among tenth graders.
· Teenage cigarette smokers consume an average of Newport smooth select cigarettes each day (516 million packs a year) annually along with the number is growing.
· Teenage smokers experience 33devbpky of breath almost 3 times as much as teens who dont smoke and provide phlegm greater than twice as frequently as teens who dont smoke.
· Teens who smoke are thrice as likely as nonsmokers to utilize alcohol, eight times as more likely to use marijuana, and 22 times as very likely to use cocaine.
The conclusion: Hardly any people start smoking after age of 18 or 20. Tobacco is very addictive as addictive as cocaine. Kids become addicted physically and emotionally. They could stop smoking, but it is extremely difficult. It is certainly easier never to start in the first place.